Much work has been done since the last update. The main changes include:
- Timesheets - by adding timesheet sub-employees to a user, users can now be setup to be able to either view or view and modify timesheets for other users.
- Job Schedule - buttons have been added to expand sub items. Each press of the "Expand All" button will open another level of detail of the listed jobs. The "Collapse All" button will minimize all job details to the minimum level.
- New System submenu - under the Administration menu, three new sections exist under the "System" submenu. They are: "System Info" - gives a summary of transaction counts in Blaq and Employee Access; "System Backup" - shows a log of recent backups (please note this log will show as empty initially but the backups have still been run); "System Options" - the same as the previous "Options" section available from the "Administration" menu.
- Cost pricing - for non-chargeable accounts (re-do and samples) the pricing can be set to product's cost pricing (if it has been entered) by setting the "Non-chargeable Accounts use Cost Pricing" to "Yes" in the Administration > System > System Options > Transaction Settings section.
- Production Details - a new function has been added to this section and because of this (and more to come) a few of the buttons have been moved to a sub-menu accessible from the "Actions" button at the far right of the buttons below the Production Details. The "Load from Job/Quote/etc." and Re-number functions have been moved here, and a new "Re-price" function has been added. The "Re-price" function will go through all the components in the current transaction and re-price them using the system pricing. If no pricing for a product exists then the price won't be changed.
- Goods Receiving - the previous "Goods Outstanding" and "Goods Received" section have been merged into this one section. Depending on a user's access rights to this section, the options can be limited accordingly. The different options are: Add - outstanding products can be received; Modify - the date received and invoice # can be altered for received products and if the order hasn't been closed the quantity received can also be altered; Add & Modify - a combination of the Add and Modify options previously mentioned.
- Products - new fields have been added to the products section for a future upgrade. They are: "Website" (under Buying & Selling) and "Preferred Supplier". While their information can be entered now, neither are functional yet. "Website" will enable a user to quickly lookup a product on a supplier's website or it will enable you to embed links in Invoice/Quote templates for your customer to be able to lookup a product from a pdf. Preferred Supplier will make purchasing products easier by listing separately specified products when ordering in a Purchase Order.
- New tab within Jobs, 'Quote Details' shows all the production details of the quote the job was converted from (if it was converted from a quote). Any of the Components or entire Items of the original quote can then be copied to the job.
- The design of all grids within the Comments, Quote Details, Production Details and Costs sections have been updated to better integrate with the design of the rest of Blaq.
- Most pop-up windows within the Comments, Quote Details, Production Details and Costs sections are now created within the same window, making it faster.
- All alterations within the Comments, Quote Details, Production Details and Costs sections of a transaction now are performed without having to refresh the entire page - instead, only the grid is generally reset. For example, if moving a component down within Production Details, only the grid is refreshed making it a lot quicker.
- All Items within the Comments, Quote Details, Production Details and Costs sections can now be 'Minimised' and 'Maximised'. A small "-" or "+" besides the Item Title on the grid allows that Item's Components to be hidden or if clicked again, to be shown. A "+" and "-" button at the bottom right of each grid minimises or maximises all Items in the grid.
- The Costs section now has subtotals for each of it's subsections.
- New 'System Maintenance' section - under Administration > System > Maintenance:
- allows the status of any transaction to be changed to another status - eg. an closed job set to Open or an invoice to be reset to Closed for exporting again.
- allows exported batches of transactions to be reset so they can be exported again
There have also been a few visual improvements:
- The edit screens have been give a more modern look
- The lists (jobs, quotes, etc.) have been changed so now if the lists are scrolled the list headers do not move, making them visible at all times.