|Over the past couple of months much work has been done on Blaq to include enhancements which have been requested by Blaq users. These requests include:|
- Most sections of Blaq have been given a fresher, cleaner look - but the functionality mostly remains the same. The only change to the functionality is the inclusion of a 'side-bar' in some sections. This new side-bar aids with navigation and also provides details about the currently open transactions, customers, etc.
- View drop-down - near the top of many list windows, a View drop-down gives the user the ability to quickly see various views. For example, whilst looking at the list of Jobs, a user can select "Open" to view only the Open jobs.
- Jobs - a new Status has been added - "Completed". This status is for when a job has been finished, but may not be ready to be invoiced. If selected, the job won't show up in the Planner & My Week Ahead sections.
- Within jobs, the delivery section has been combined with the costs section. The Costs section will now show:
- Time Sheets - any time sheet entries allocated to this job.
- Purchases - the components of any purchase order allocated to this job.
- Cost Components - components can be added here (by clicking on "Add Cost Component" on the toolbar at the bottom of the window) which are used to track the costs incurred for the job. These components don't affect the components in the Production Details of the job. These components can also be deleted if necessary.
- Deliveries - any deliveries allocated to this job.
- All costs can be added to the Production Details of the job by either selecting a specific component and clicking on "Add Cost to Job" or clicking on "Add All Costs to Job" for all costs.
Transaction Components - when entering a component, if the product code is known, it can now be entered directly into the code field of the component, instead of having to use the lookup window. The lookup window is still available if the code is not known.
Activities - this new section has been added to the CRM. It allows you to view a list of all your activities. Within contacts, you can now also view all the activities for a contact.
Charts - the charts in the different Administration & Customer/Supplier sections have all been combined into one Charts section, found in the Tools section. This section now allows charts to be created with different combinations of parameters. For example, the sales history of a particular category and/or product for a specific Customer can be selected. Different date ranges are now available also.
Messages - Blaq users can now send each other messages within Blaq. To create a message, click on the "New Message" button at the bottom of the Blaq window. Select a Blaq user from the list (and a CC if desired), give the message a subject and enter your message. When finished, click on "Ok" at the bottom of the window. The recipient will be alerted to the new message at the bottom of their Blaq window. It will show up in the list of reminders & messages. They can then select the message and click on "View" to see the message. Alternatively, the message is available through the Inbox of the user's Blaq E-mail section.
Contacts - added fields for the contact's business & home address.
Spell Checker - most windows can now use an in-built spell checker. Simply click on the spell check button on the Blaq toolbar, or the Spell Check button available in most pop-up windows.