The first major update to Blaq for 2006 sees a lot of recently requested changes implemented but the most obvious change to users will be the use of frames for the top menu, the main body and the reminder/date at the bottom. The update also includes the following:
- Search jobs/quotes/purchase orders for product codes & descriptions used in that transaction from the main search screen.
- Allow invoice date to be set (if the user's "Transaction Access" is set as "Administrator")
- Allow other details of an invoiced job to be changed (if the user's "Transaction Access" is set as "Administrator")
- Copying contents from one job into another existing job. To do this, go to the "Production Details" section of the job then click on the "Load" button. Select the job to load the details of & all it's Production Details will be copied into the current job. Delete any Items/Components that aren't required.
- Assign multiple operators to a job. Hold down Ctrl or the Apple key and click on multiple operators to assign them to a job.
- Assign multiple CSR's to a quote. Hold down Ctrl or the Apple key and click on multiple CSR's to assign them to a job.
- Job templates: have user editable templates which can be used for the basis of a job. These are under the Admin => Templates => Transactions section. This is a repository for Job Templates.
- Recurring jobs - schedule a job template to be created for a client at a recuring interval. Schedule the creation under Admin => Templates => Schedule.
- Customer Names - not just a link
- Birthday Reminders - set a reminder for a contact's birthday.
- Added a Year view to the planner
- Reminders - set a reminder for a forthcoming event
- set e-mail footers with branch/company information to be included automatically with each outgoing e-mail.
- Report scheduler - allow reports to be run at specific times automatically and e-mailed to a user
- Export scheduler - allow exports to be run at specific times automatically and e-mailed to a user